Terms & Conditions of Gym Membership
Conditions of payment terms for direct debit and upfront memberships
When joining online we offer a 10 day cooling off period. As long as you haven’t used the club within the first 14 days of joining online we will cancel your subscription but we will not refund the first payment. You must notify us by phone or e mail if you wish to do this and then you will receive confirmation it has been cancelled. Any cancellation will only be valid with proof of confirmation that we have acted upon your request. Please DO NOT enter your bank details online if you are not going to complete the joining process by paying the first payment online.
If we have to close for any reason all payments will still be taken and all contracts are still applicable.
1. If You have chosen to pay your membership monthly by direct debit (12 months). During this time you are unable to cancel your membership until the final payment has been paid. Then 2 options: Student memberships are a minimum of 6 months.
1) Your direct debit will continue until you give us 30 days’ notice to terminate.
2) You terminate your membership by giving us 30 days written notice (from your payment date) we will send you confirmation of your final payment and expiry date. If you do not receive this it is your responsibility to contact our membership department otherwise your direct debit will continue. Couples or corporate direct debit – Please note that if one person cancels then the remaining person’s contract will change to the single rate.
2. 2. Any payments rejected by your bank due to insufficient funds will be notified in writing to you and an admin fee of £5.00 will be charged to your account. We will re-apply for the payment within 7-10 days of the original collection date. If you cancel your direct debit within your contract period you will be liable to pay all outstanding membership balance direct to the club and complete a new direct debit mandate.
3. Members within a 6 or 12 month contract are able to suspend their membership for medical purposes only and for a minimum of 1 month maximum of 3 months during a 12 month period. A confirmation letter is required from a doctor before we can suspend, you will be required to complete your term of membership after your suspension period.
4. Direct Debit members are able to suspend their membership for medical or redundancy purposes only. A confirmation letter is required before we can suspend and for a minimum of 1 month maximum of 3 months during a 12 month period. You will be required to complete your term of membership after your suspension period
5. Corporate membership - wrongful information given to obtain or continue discount, will result in back payments for loss of revenue for the length of term discount was not eligible, with any action deemed necessary by the manager. It is your responsibility to notify the membership team if you no longer qualify for your discount.
6. For security reasons we will take your photo upon joining and may also be required to produce photo identification, i.e. passport or drivers licence with a copy taken for our records. Members are able to use the clubs Car Park Free of charge by entering your car registration at reception on each entry, it is very important you remember to do this to avoid a parking fine from the car park management company
CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP AND CLUB ETIQUETTE
Practices we are putting in place to make us covid 19 secure
Please do not visit the club if you feel unwell, have any symptoms of covid 19, have been in contact with anyone who has covid 19 or who is self isolating due to possible covid 19.
If you become unwell during your visit to the club please notify a member of staff straight away.
Please adhere to 2 metre social distancing throughout the club
We are operating a booking system through the mywellness app please ensure you have booked before visiting the club (this can be done up to 2 weeks in advance for members and 1 week in advance for non members and up until the session starts) The benefit of the app is that you will be able to see what availability there is in every session.
The doors to the club will be locked in between sessions as we have no waiting areas inside, please only arrive on time for your session. If you are not using the club but want to visit the cafe please use the Riby street entrance, If you have a gym session booked you can then use the cafe afterwards.
For us to comply with the governments track and trace policy we must have all your correct current contact details.
The Gym No sweat towels, you must clean down all equipment you use before and after with the product only we have provided at the cleaning stations, please only use the changing rooms when really necessary if possible come and go in your gym clothes, there is a one way system in the gym to adhere to and all attending the gym will arrive and come through the main reception with your temperature checked and leave at the end of your session through the back double fire doors indicated. All the windows in the gym will be open creating the maximum amount of airflow.
Classes Enter the class through the fire door from the small car park, go straight to one of the numbered boxes and then stay in the middle of the box, all equipment needed for the class will be put out by the instructor prior to the class, Once the class is over please wait for the instructor to let you know it is safe to leave from the other fire door, please bring your own sweat towel, mat and drink, mat’s are on sale at reception for £7.50
Pool and Jacuzzi area all towels will be placed on the plastic chair in front of each lane do not at any time swap lanes and we request you to swim in the middle of your lane too, do not place anything on the floor and only use the step if you are not able to get out from your lane. Do not go into the Jacuzzi unless you have booked prior even if it is free.
· Members must swipe their membership card on entry
· The club must be vacated 5 minutes before closing times.
· Please be courteous and respectful when speaking to all members of staff. They are there to help you and do not deserve verbal abuse of any kind.
· Children under 16 years old must be accompanied by parent/guardian at all times whilst using the club.
· The Club Manager has the right to ask any member to leave the premises or withdraw their membership. This may happen if the member is found to have conducted themselves in an abusive manner, caused damage or injury to a staff member, another club member or club property or not followed instructions and notices in all areas. This can be done at any time without refund.
· The sauna and steam room are currently closed.
· Members are asked to wear appropriate clothing whilst using the clubs facilities. For example, swimwear in the pool/spa area and t-shirts, vests, shorts, leggings and trainers in the gym.
· Members use the club entirely at their own risk, the club does not accept any responsibility for the loss or damage to members property.
· The management reserve the right to amend the Terms and Conditions of membership as and when it is required, with given notice to all members.
· Do not enter staff only areas.
· Members are required to read and abide by all signs and notices.
· Any sun bed tokens not used are to be handed back to reception to be credited to your card.
· All complaint or grievances must, in the first instance, be discussed with the duty manager on shift.
· Subject to the provisions of these rules, members are permitted to bring guests, at the appropriate fees. Members are responsible for guests’ behaviour whilst in the club.
· Lockers will be cleared every night. Anything found will be kept in lost property for one week before being disposed of.
· All fire exits must be kept clear at all times. In the event of a fire, members and their guests are asked to make their way to the nearest available exit and meet at the fire-assembly point in the car park.
· Please be considerate of other members that might not want to be in the background when you are taking selfies or filming workouts.
· Please be aware that it is your responsibility to enter your car registration into the tablet at reception, otherwise you will risk getting a £60 fine.
· Members are asked to only use the lockers for the duration of their training session. All belongings must be placed in the lockers provided whilst unattended. Property stored in the lockers is left at your own risk; the club does not accept liability for any loss or damage to members possessions. The lockers require old pound coins or trolley tokens to work, an oasis trolley token can be purchased at reception.
· Please ensure suitable clothing and footwear is worn during classes.
· Any medical conditions/injuries must be discussed with an instructor before commencing with a class.
· Only plastic drinks bottles with sports tops are permitted in the studio.
· Any spillages or perspiration on the floor must be wiped immediately.
· A proper warm up is essential to avoid muscle injury. Therefore no one will be permitted entry to a class if they are more than 10 minutes late.
· Please bring plastic water bottles only to the gym and aerobic studio.
· As a courtesy to other members, the tissue and wet wipes that are provided must be used to wipe down equipment after use.
· You are asked to vacate the gym 15 minutes before closing times.
· At peak times please take into account other members and adhere to the limits set on the machines.
· For health and safety purposes please return all weights to their racks provided and use the correct techniques. Do not drop any free weights at any time.
· Please be advised not to use the gym immediately after the consumption of large amounts of food or alcohol.
· Appropriate clothing and trainers must be worn at all times when using the gym equipment.
· Doors, windows and fans are all to be operated by staff only.
· Please only use one piece of equipment at a time, be courteous and take turns with others.
· On joining, all members must receive an induction on the use of gym equipment for health and safety purposes.
SWIMMING POOL AREA
· In the interest of hygiene and safety, members are asked to shower before using the sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi and swimming pool.
· Please note that products such as shampoo and shower gel are not to be used in the pool area. These are only allowed in the changing rooms.
· Also, products such as Albas oil are NOT to be used in the steam room or sauna. Please be considerate of other members.
· Shouting, running, jumping and diving in the pool area is strictly prohibited.
· Eating and drinking in the pool area is strictly prohibited except for the use of plastic water bottles.
· Please note you are not allowed in the swimming pool if there is a water class on-going
· The Jacuzzi is strictly prohibited for anyone under 18.
· It is advised that you do not use the pool immediately after the consumption of large amounts of food or alcohol.
· It is not permitted for anyone with a verruca, athletes’ foot or similar ailments to use the pool, Jacuzzi or steam room unless the relevant precautions have been taken.
· Jewellery and watches must be removed before entering the pool area
· Shaving is NOT permitted anywhere in the pool area
· Pool shoe covers must be worn by all those NOT in the water when attending children’s swimming lessons
Please be aware no photography of any kind is allowed in the pool area